How do you slot Energy Aura?

Fista

Cause man, I'm lvl 15 and tired to run the Virgil Tarikoss SF and spent most of the time examining the carpet. I mean.... just encounter mobs and die. So.... what's the answer? The shields are currently at lvl 19 three slotted two res, two def and on end red each.  Or is that just the way it is until I can get sets?

Because there is a city in the Midwest that is continually threatened by a silver backed gorilla and is protected by a man who can run faster than the speed of light.

You are level 15 and probably bumped up to 20 for the SF with at best DOs in your very limited slots.  That is where the problem is.

Most sets are terrible at taking alpha strikes early in the game without either lots of team defensive buffs or to hit debuffs in play or having a tray full of lucks.  End game with Energy Aura you can get to the soft cap for everything except Psi and get close on Negative with just the 2 +3% IOs and regular IOs slotted in everything else if you take Tough and Weave. 

Pure defense or resist sets feel terrible in the lower levels before you reach the point of being able to take SOs/level 25 IOs at level 22. This is not a problem unique to Energy Aura.  Non-layered protective sets just have a rough beginner's curve in general. However once you can get those numbers up to the ED cap it'll feel a million times better and that's even without sets.

"Titan/Bio scrappers are the stealthiest toons in the game."

"How's that possible? They don't have any inherent stealth and you'd never take concealment pool powers on them!"

"You see; they're perfect at stealth because nobody will notice if there's nobody to notice."

Yep definitely just your level. You should bring purples with you. just a tray of them and pop 1 or 2 before a fight. once you hit 22 and get SOs and can pick up tough/weave you will feel pretty unstoppable.