Is there a guide for in-game chat channels?

TheSwamper

This might be a useful link from the P-wiki:  Chat Window

You can create new tabs and edit them to separate various channels out to your particular needs.

Tabs provide a filtered view of chat dialogue. The messages displayed in a tab may be customized by right clicking any tab and selecting "Edit Tab" on the dropdown list to bring up the Tab Editor.

click "Tab" at the top or bottom of the Chat Window and select "Add Tab" to create a new tab

click "Tab" at the top or bottom of the Chat Window and select "Edit Tab" to edit the currently selected tab

So you don't have to set it up for each character:

/chatsavefile filename.txt

/chatloadfile filename.txt

Use whatever filename you like.  Keep in mind that MM's get extra tabs for pet-combat, so I set up my tabs with a mastermind and saved that as my default chat setup.  The other option would be to use a different file name.

Indomitable Heroes: Catgoyle, Toxia, Roberta XR-523, Guardian Clara, Street Cleaner, Princess Cuppycakes

Indomitable Villains: Fluffums, Freeloadin' Freddy, Beatrix the Bunneh, Cheese Thief

I'd like to be able to separate LFG and Help from the global channel.

Also, when in a mission, is there a chat channel I can use to only see NPC chat?

Right clickon your tabs and add a tab called “LFG”.  Right click on this tab and click edit tab.  You can add the channels you want there.

Go back to Global and edit tab and remove LFG if you still desire

Go to Help and edit tab as desired

For a NPC only experience create a new tab and edit it to include NPC, Cutscene, Rewards, and System (the last 2 ensure you can see the rewards for defeating mobs and completing missions, as well as see that a specific mob was defeated)

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting