New Corrupter player

Khan668

I wouldn't say there are any "bad" sets, but there are definitely sets that perform better than others (I'm looking at you fire blast and ice blast). To answer your other questions, I'd ask what do you do when you play? TFs? Solo? Itrials? Do you have a concept you are working with? How expensive of a build are you thinking of using? Things vastly change for some sets with IO bonuses. Dark blast is super fun with a very dmging heal in life siphon. I like dual pistols too, fun flashy animations and some options for FF recharge proc.

In general for secondaries, /time, /radiation, /cold, and /kinetics are considered strong sets. I wouldn't recommend cold or kinetics for solo (no built in self heal for cold and kinetics is just so good in a group that it's hard to recommend solo). Again though, there are not really any bad secondaries. /Radiation is fantastic for AVs. /Time is tanky with easily softcapped POS def and pretty damaging if you take dark mastery. /Fire provides dmg and res buffs for your team. /Cold can reach 114% -res debuffs with procs (-54% from the base powers of heat loss and sleet). /Dark offers a lot of utility and versatility as well as tar patch (-speed, -30% res) and a full team Rez. Poison offers a lot of -dmg, -def, and -res, some status protection for allies, and decent heals (but not for yourself). I can go on and on, but really in order to make a recommendation I'd like to know what you want to do?

I mainly solo, have plenty of Inf to spend on IO's. I'm sure we will run some guild TF's. Leaning towards Fire but already have a Fire Sent and Blaster lol. No concept in mind, I've made so many toons I'm plain tapped out on that front. Thanks for your input!

For solo I will pretty much always recommend fire/time/dark. It's survivable and damaging. You can look up either my build or Auroxis', most people would probably choose Auroxis' as it adds more reliable status protection. Or look at both and tweak/create your build.