Bobcat on Tin Mage tf

Infinitum

Three questions about Bobcat in the Tin Mage TF

1. for the most part I'm resistance capped except for toxic which is 54%  34% melee defense this guy is largely unkillable.  Does Bobcat routinely 1 or two shot tankers or brutes of this caliber? I'm talking full health and no time to even respond, I had rebirth and energize ready to go but I was down before I knew what happened.

2. I tanked Lord Recluse solo for 2 minutes without any support and while he hit hard, not that hard also tanked Romulus with no issues.. What mechanic allowed this from Bobcat?

3. What can someone do to mitigate this?

Thanks!

Hello!

Yes, Bobcat - if you fight her after beating Neuron - can dish out a LOT of damage, enough to take down even S/L hardcapped tanks. She's the bit on the Tin Mage TF that forces tankers to stay on their toes :)

That being said, there are ways to dull her claws. Damage debuffs, like Darkest Night from Soul Mastery, are an option; the to hit debuffs don't hurt either. Having high defense and/or regen going into the fight also helps - try popping your Destiny proactively, and/or popping purple inspirations or swapping for a Barrier Destiny for that fight. Interfaces to lower her damage or to hit will also help.

Lastly, just be aware, she CAN two shot you if you're not careful. Fight with this in mind; always be ready to pop Energize and back off a bit, force her to waste a few seconds following you. And coordinate with your teammates for a mix of Destiny buffs.

Hope this helps,

Loranna