Are we going to have multiple servers? Could I buy a machine and host one?

I really want to help out if I can. Will there be "Server kits" that will allow volunteers to host a server? On a related note, if character data still exists from the old NCSoft servers, can said volunteers basically load all the data from one of those servers, making, for example, "Liberty Reincarnated" and so on, so old players could log in and use their old characters (Assuming there's some way for old players to link their new accounts to the data from their old one?)

I really want to help out if I can. Will there be "Server kits" that will allow volunteers to host a server? On a related note, if character data still exists from the old NCSoft servers, can said volunteers basically load all the data from one of those servers, making, for example, "Liberty Reincarnated" and so on, so old players could log in and use their old characters (Assuming there's some way for old players to link their new accounts to the data from their old one?)

It would be great if they could let others host and network with them. Not sure how viable that would be as far as keeping expected standards the same. That stuff is way out of my league, but I would think there could be security concerns, but what do I know.

As for reviving old data from the NCSoft accounts, I'm pretty sure that's a huge legal no-no that would upset a lot of parties. NCSoft. People who don't want their data out there. That info probably needs to stay lost.

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

Well I didn't mean payment or RL data or anything, only character builds and keybindings. I remember I had an elaborate sequence of self-loading "song" macros for my robot mastermind that would make my character and his minions do a full performance of Styx's "Mr. Roboto"

My Mastermind: You're wond'ring who I am...

(Minions): Secret, secret, he's got a secret!

My Mastermind: Machine or Mannequin...

(Minions): Secret, Secret, he's got a secret!

My Mastermind: With parts made in Japan...

(Minions): Secret, Secret, he's got a secret!

and so on...