Tequila slow to load then not responding.

gromartwo

I have had an annoying issue since the last update or so. Tequila loaded fast and loaded COH fast even after the change to "Homecoming" but something made Tequila slow down to the point it takes at least 30-60 seconds for the launcher to load and when I click on play the cursor gives the revolving working animation, the launcher shows "Not Responding" and about 30 seconds later the game starts and I can play normally.

Other than virusscan updates and the latest windows update nothing was added to the computer

I tried verifying and deleting the manifests but that didn't work. I haven't tried deleting "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tequila" since I am cautious playing around in the registry.

FYI. To save time I installed to my Paragonchat folder and have had no problems playing until this issue popped up. I still have score.exe, cityofheroes.exe, homecoming.exe, scorebeta.exe, and paragonchat.exe in the main folder - along with tequila.exe of course.

I used paragonchat.exe to pop in to pchat to see if it was also effected since it is listed in Tequila and it was slow to load but pchat loaded fast.

So should I try deleting the reg key and if so will this reinstall any files? Thanks.

Just to check, go to start>run and type winver and enter.  Can you give me the windows type and build number?  The initial build of Win 10 1903 has been 'eccentric'.

My standard advice when there is an issue with Tequila is try Creamsoda from Thunderspy and see if you have the same issue.  You can still play on Homecoming but it seems to run leaner and I haven't had any crashes of it yet and the standard Tequila folder permissions problem didn't plague it.

Thanks. I should have mentioned I was using Windows 7.

I solved the issue yesterday after rereading the v2 installation/troubleshooting guide. When the issue began I had suspected my AV but a few test adjustments didn't help anything so I tried other approaches.

The "v2" post got me thinking about rechecking my AV - which had a drastic UI change in a recent upgrade around the time the Tequila problem began.

I began by pausing my AV real-time scanning and running the launcher and game. Both started instantly.

I checked online to find out how to set Tequila.exe and Homecoming.exe as exceptions in my AV. Did that and things work fine.

I never had to set a game as an exception before so this was unexpected. But now I can click and play without the fuss. :)