Looking for Super Reflexes / Broadsword Tank build

Matt_Miracle

All,

I have saved many of my old Mid's builds but I never built an SR/BS tank before (or did SR at all).  The theme of the character is my Jedi Knight from SWTOR and I really want to level this guy.  I know it may not be the "best" powerset combo but I am wanting to see this through.

Any leveling build (or endgame build) help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Matt Miracle

Covenant of Honor - Excelsior

A.W.O.L. (formerly on Liberty Live Server).

well -- tanks couldn't take SR on live, so that's possibly part of why.

this is going to sound strange but, skip parry.  Tank SR doesn't benefit much from it while you're levelling, and not at all when you're maxed.

while you're levelling you should take all your (other) attacks, but at the end you really only want four: Hack, Disembowl, Whirling Sword, and Head Splitter.  In order to chain these as quickly as possible you'll need Hasten and a lot of global haste in general; thankfully SR helps with that.  Since you're skipping Slash, Slice, and Parry at the end, you get a little bit of leeway to work in some more pool moves if you want.

You can skip Weave at end-game (i recommend picking it up while levelling because on basic enhancements SR comes in short on Defense by almost exactly the value of basic-enhanced Weave), but you can't skip Tough (you need it for resistance set slotting) so unfortunately you're locked into at least Speed and Fighting.  You don't absolutely have to take Combat Jumping or Hover, but your life will be noticeably easier with one or the other thanks to the mobility advantage.  While you're levelling, I recommend filling the fourth pool spot with Medicine.

At end-game you can go a bit weird with the build if you want because SR is very self-contained -- but get there first.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

well -- tanks couldn't take SR on live, so that's possibly part of why.

this is going to sound strange but, skip parry.  Tank SR doesn't benefit much from it while you're levelling, and not at all when you're maxed.

while you're levelling you should take all your (other) attacks, but at the end you really only want four: Hack, Disembowl, Whirling Sword, and Head Splitter.  In order to chain these as quickly as possible you'll need Hasten and a lot of global haste in general; thankfully SR helps with that.  Since you're skipping Slash, Slice, and Parry at the end, you get a little bit of leeway to work in some more pool moves if you want.

You can skip Weave at end-game (i recommend picking it up while levelling because on basic enhancements SR comes in short on Defense by almost exactly the value of basic-enhanced Weave), but you can't skip Tough (you need it for resistance set slotting) so unfortunately you're locked into at least Speed and Fighting.  You don't absolutely have to take Combat Jumping or Hover, but your life will be noticeably easier with one or the other thanks to the mobility advantage.  While you're levelling, I recommend filling the fourth pool spot with Medicine.

At end-game you can go a bit weird with the build if you want because SR is very self-contained -- but get there first.

Tanks could take SR on live

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|