Is electric storm any good?

ezren

I chose electric/storm for mostly thematic reasons, but I also want to make sure I'm decently powerful. Storm seems to be a popular secondary for corruptors, but there is little information on electric blast and most of it is mostly about how bad the secondary effect is. Before I put a ton of time into this character, will electric/storm be gimped compared to other options like ice or dark.

If you're going for pure damage then you're better off with other sets like Ice Blast.

Electric Blast isn't bad, but it's the kind of set that benefits the most when you stack it.  By itself you're not going to be able to sap endurance en masse, but if you get three or four other people with Elec Melee/Control/Blast/Assault in one place then you can get some amazing nonsense going.  Which is something you can't say for Radiation Blast, for instance.

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.

I'll say it.. elec blast just isn't very good in this instance. Elec blast is on the low side of damage, lacking a decent third single target blast (blaze, bitter ice blast, etc) and lowish on AE, with short circuit being pretty terrible from a dps standpoint (further hampered by likely slotting for end drain). Not to mention you'll scatter mobs with hurricane if you jump in the middle to hit them with short circuit. On top of that, it's secondary is largely useless unless you or your team is built to drain endurance entirely, and storm doesnt offer enough end drain to matter.  Also irritating, is that unlike other debuffs, blasters have the same end drain as corrupters and defenders rather than the proper scaling. It is playable, but underwhelming. 

Tesla Cage may receive the damage boost that Freeze Ray did at some point in the future. Sentinel Electric blast already does, and that would go a long way to helping the set. 

Personally I would go with Ice or Water (and in fact, do have a water/storm corrupter). People knock on dehydrate, but its actually a nice heal that means you don't have to dip into the medicine pool for aid self. Alternately, a go Storm/Sonic defender. All fairly thematic, and IMO more powerful.

I like electric blast, and have a blaster and sentinel with it. I just don't think its a very good corrupter/defender set outside of pairing it with Kinetics to capitalize on the end drain from Transference.

• 3 years later

..3 years later...

HI!!!!!

Can someone please help me with a build.

I'm not looking for a solobuild, or strong fokus an dps.

+ everything from Storm except stormymist( only for LotG&co) , TP, fly+hover, leadership with venegeance+VR  

- charged bolts,short circuit,sentinel

for setbonus i would prefer recharge, recovery/end and slow-resist.for all the empty slots i like procs and other funstuff .(kb->kd is a musthave for me)

Lets hope a future buildmaniac likes this before the next 3 years :)