Possible Issue with Multi Monitor, Win 10, Geforce 1660

billy2hawks

So I just built my new computer, because the other one was almost 7 years old. I am running a Geforce 1660 Ti and I was getting crashes when zoning.

At first I thought it might be an issue with HDMI, so I switched main monitors, but still got the crash.

After futzing around, I discovered that if I clicked out of the game window when I was zoning, I would crash from time to time. Even if I was entering the game from the character screen. So far as long as I keep the CoH window active when I am zoning, I do not crash. I will keep an eye on what happens, and if this changes I will update this thread.

I have a 1080 ti with two 4k monitors and frequently click out to the other window. (knock upon wood).

What video driver version are you running? How are the monitors connected? (HDMI, DVI, DP - is any kind of converter in use)

Crashing while zoning is often a network issue. If you have your Task Manager open on the other monitor on Performance - better yet then open the resource monitor - and watch the ethernet/wifi and see if the connection stalls or stops.  

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **