Bugged mission "Retrieve 'food' for the ghouls

portuguesecaptain

Hey all.

Doing old story arcs in Oro, on the 15-19 set of missions and doing the arc with Hatchet in Imperial City. Doing the mission "Retrieve 'food' for the ghouls" and when I went to kidnap the 3rd programmer, after killing the group surrounding him, the counter in the Nav bar went from "Kidnap 1 programmer" to disappearing, indicating that I was succesful in completing the objectives. However, the model itself ran off towards the entrance and disappeared, and now I am stuck with no enemies and no sign of this NPC, with just the title of the mission in the Nav bar.

image.thumb.png.467b35786484eecf8f5773b8e8c3cff4.png

Cheers,

Portuguese Captain

Edited by portuguesecaptain

I was able to replicate this issue on basically any "rescue" type mission. When rescuing a person in a group of enemies, if the enemies are using AOE dmg powers on you and you are standing near the NPC, the NPC takes damage and eventually dies. This makes it appear as though the person who saved, as the objective does drop 1, but the expected behavior should instead be an outright Mission Fail, as otherwise when you rescue another NPC, the objectives go away, and then you are stuck in the mission without being able to complete. In the case of Ouroboros missions, leaving the task force and restarting is an option, but for a character leveling up this may not be the case.

• 5 months later
  • 1 month later
  • 9 months later
1 hour ago, huang3721 said:

I ran all gold story arc twice, but I did not encounter this bug. I got hit by AoE while rescuing hostages, but they always survive. Did you increase your notoriety to an extreme level? (+4/x8)

No, actually. I was playing through it on a very low difficulty (+0/x1). The main thing is the hostages were level 5 and the enemies were level 15. Not sure why such the huge level difference.

16 minutes ago, huang3721 said:

Somehow a hostile mob can hit a neutral critter, and the critter's level is much lower than the mission itself? Ouch.

Could you replicate it? Maybe you did something unusual before running the mission?

To clarify on neutral it had a blue square around it, not a yellow one, but yes level was much lower. I did not attempt to replicate it on my 2nd attempt, just used taunt to pull them far away and cleared them that way.

• 2 weeks later

I Googled to see what I was doing wrong and came across this thread. Can confirm this is still happening as at Jan 20th 2021. Went through a second time and pulled the programmers' guards away to fight them, and ended the mission successfully.

• 9 months later
  • 8 months later
  • 1 year later
  • 1 month later

It is essentially a "kill all" in the path to the captives.  I just completed this mission and here is what I found.  If you stealth and kill the captors, the rescued programmers run for the exit.  The problem is that they have low health and as they run back toward the entrance, they aggro any enemies they encounter.  They might survive the attacks because they never stop, but there is a chance that they could die.  They even take damage from a fall if they choose to jump rather than taking a ramp.

• Like 1