Arachnos Support Build (Help & Feedback)

OK, so I have been in a pickle for a while, I have been wanting to play a Melee Support character for a while now, and I was noticing that the Arachnos Archetypes have pretty descent Melee, and about the same amount of group support as a mastermind. I had never played these archetypes when the game was out. I usually just played Defender and Scrapper, so honestly I know next to nothing about them. So here is my question are their any decent support heavy melee builds for either of these two AT's or their different sub-classes? Could I get some help on this.

I'd prefer to have a decent heal too, but I would settle for Good Buffs/Debuffs.

Bane's have some great melee options, and can provide an impressive amount of team support.

The build for it is pretty simple too. For offensive support you can lean on Venom Grenade + Surveillance + Arctic Breath (from Leviathan Mastery) to provide a ton of -Resist (can also throw in Poisonous Ray for -Def and an Achille's Proc). For defensive support you can can provide Tactical: Maneuvers (10% base - much higher than regular Maneuvers), as well as the other Leadership toggles.

7 hours ago, Pbuckley818 said:

So here is my question are their any decent support heavy melee builds for either of these two AT's or their different sub-classes? Could I get some help on this.

Bane.  My Bane Ult control/support thread:

I love playing this character, now vet level 11.  I was altaholicing pretty bad before I got this character, now I can't keep away from this single one.  It's neigh indestructible (I think I died once or twice in those 11 vet levels.) hits pretty good in melee, and has great team buffs and enemy debuffs, and it exemplars wonderfully.   The only problem with it is there's so many options what to do with it that I keep thinking of changing the build to try other things out, but then I just log on and play.

27 minutes ago, Justisaur said:

Bane.  My Bane Ult control/support thread:

I love playing this character, now vet level 11.  I was altaholicing pretty bad before I got this character, now I can't keep away from this single one.  It's neigh indestructible (I think I died once or twice in those 11 vet levels.) hits pretty good in melee, and has great team buffs and enemy debuffs, and it exemplars wonderfully.   The only problem with it is there's so many options what to do with it that I keep thinking of changing the build to try other things out, but then I just log on and play.

4 hours ago, Overclock said:

Bane's have some great melee options, and can provide an impressive amount of team support.

The build for it is pretty simple too. For offensive support you can lean on Venom Grenade + Surveillance + Arctic Breath (from Leviathan Mastery) to provide a ton of -Resist (can also throw in Poisonous Ray for -Def and an Achille's Proc). For defensive support you can can provide Tactical: Maneuvers (10% base - much higher than regular Maneuvers), as well as the other Leadership toggles.

Glad to hear that Bane is the main suggestion, I can't stand Crab (Though Kid me would have LOVED it) and I already have a Soldier at 14 which doesn't hurt. Now I just need help with a build. big question, is it a complete mistake to invest in the Medicine Power Pool to get some heals? I know heals are not that important especially as you get to higher levels, (And I don't know what the heal Stats on Soldier are like) but It just doesn't like a support build to me without heals. What's your advice on that?

You'll be protecting both yourself and the party quite a lot with double maneuvers (really more like 4x because TT is 3x better.) They're interruptible, and the heal other is extremely short range, so you'll be chasing after anyone not right next to you to do it, and it'll probably be interrupted as they move, or wasted as they're resting for both health and end.  You can of course take field medic to make them uninterruptible, but that's 3 picks, and once you've got that resuscitate is also tempting.  I am tempted to try it out, but it's quite a lot to dedicate to it, with loss of much better powers for your group or yourself, and running into a group where there wasn't significantly better heals from someone else is extremely rare, so the rest of the time it'll feel like you wasted those slots.  If you just want to heal yourself save up some inf to buy the self heal from the P2W vendor, unless you solo you'll probably never even use up one pack's worth. 

I wouldn't recommend it, but if you want to have heals, go ahead, you get so many respecs you might as well try them out and then respec out of them if you don't like them, unless you're already familiar with them and know you'll like them.

I did take the heal incarnate which I mostly just use to try to keep my pets alive a little longer, mainly as there wasn't anything else that sounded useful.  It's possible the heal other power would be useful for that once you get pets too.