Bolero for men and Occult collar & cape for women

biostem

As the thread title suggests, would it be possible for male characters to gain access to the bolero jacket/sleeves, and for females to get the occult jacket/cape with collar?  Also, a plain version of the occult cape, with just the quilting inside, would be awesome, (heck, maybe even make it available as just a regular cape)!  Thank you for reading.  :-)

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1

The problem with the bolero at least is it isn't just the 'jacket, cape, ruff' - it's the entire torso.  The back of the jacket is the back of the character model; whatever chest you pick actually doesn't have a rear-piece, so the female torso geometry is baked into the piece.  To port to males would require scratch-building a male Bolero torso, and as far as I know, they haven't quite got 'entirely new piece' things sorted.  I'd LOVE to see it - that sweeping robe just SCREAMS Ric Flair - but I think at current it's out of reach, as are most gender port-across parts.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sniktch said:

The problem with the bolero at least is it isn't just the 'jacket, cape, ruff' - it's the entire torso.  The back of the jacket is the back of the character model; whatever chest you pick actually doesn't have a rear-piece, so the female torso geometry is baked into the piece.  To port to males would require scratch-building a male Bolero torso, and as far as I know, they haven't quite got 'entirely new piece' things sorted.  I'd LOVE to see it - that sweeping robe just SCREAMS Ric Flair - but I think at current it's out of reach, as are most gender port-across parts.

Gotcha.  I wonder if they could take the cape/tail part of the bolero and offer it as an attachment to a jacket or something, for male characters, then...

Edited by biostem

Doubtful, as it's part of the torso, not a separate dongle; you get Imperial Dynasty capetail and jacket from the same selector.  If it was like the Tech Knight belt, with a separate selector, it might be doable - but it'd still be 'cut' to the female torso sliders, not the male, so you'd have gaps/mismatches.

• Like 1