Incarnate - Interface procs not firing as often as described

Gulbasaur

Submitted a bug report and told to post here.

My cognitive radial interface procs aren't firing at all Edit: I tested with 40 swings and got one proc, which suggests to me that it's double-dipping in the chance-to-hit rolls. See explanation below. 

I've had something similar happen on the reactive set, too, although my combat log says it has procced at once in a +4x8 spawn - so it seems to be running but proccing at rates far, far below the tooltip.

I googled it and other people seem to be either having the same issue or not having the problem at all so it might impact some sets and not others. It looks like the Core ones proc and the Radial ones don't, but that could just be confirmation bias. Here is a discussion that suggests it was a bug in the beta at the end of Live. Here is a post that suggests it's proccing at 1/5 the expected rate (which for a 25% proc would be 5% - the automatic success roll, perhaps?).

Maybe a misplaced decimal or something is being multiplied twice and ending up with a much lower number? E.g. 0.25 for the effect x 0.25 for the DoT or it's rolling to hit for each tick separately and therefore gets quickly diminishing returns?

Edit: According to another thread here, it looks like the Cancel on Miss might be firing off more often than predicted - if it rolls to hit to apply the effect, then rolls to hit for the first damage tick, then there's only a 6.25% chance that the damage will tick at all, assuming no defence or to-hit modifiers enter the equation. If either of those rolls miss, the effect ceases entirely. 

Presumably, this is affected by the 5%-min, so with a number that low, just over one in twenty ticks will actually hit on the first round, with diminishing returns on that. Logically, it looks like the chance for two ticks is less that one percent, which matches the claim that "it's bugged and only ticks once".

For the .75 to tick ones, this increases to a .56 chance that the first tick will hit, then .42, .31, .23, .17...  which matches the claim that "it ticks all the time, I don't see a problem"

This also seems to correspond with claims that the debuff is being applied, but the damage is not if the debuff is being applied on the first instance. 

I would say this isn't working as described  in the tooltip - is this something the devs could take a look at? Given that powers have been updated to match descriptions, could this be added to that list?

Edited by Gulbasaur
Added maths + Testing
  • Like 4
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

Just to add on that I upgraded it to the 75% proc and it it hitting 3 times in a row - I think the Cancel on Miss thing really is to blame as it's being applied at every step with the same modifiers, leading to exponentially low rates on the lower proc and more gradual rates on the higher ones.

Edited by Gulbasaur
  • Like 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

• 10 months later