Glue arrow damage

eknudson

I was used to the defender glue arrow and I was expecting a simple but useful slow and noticed orange numbers going up... it looks from the planner like glue arrow does a surprisingly good amount of damage, though spread over a long time. 

How are you slotting glue arrow? Is the slow still auto-hit, and do I need to slot accuracy for the damage part? Worth slotting it more than I planned or does the DoT just take too darn long on a good team to matter? If an enemy is the patch for the full time, it looks like glue arrow does far more damage than explosive arrow, and it's toxic damage.

I think the slow is auto-hit but not certain. Pine's doesn't give any hint, just has accuracy base. I don't remember it missing completely since I've been using it but I'm only 35 on that toon and it's usually shot off while aim and upshot are both active so if it missed it'd have to be from streak breaker with those on top of all my +to hit for auto-snipe.

I'm not sure much lives long enough in the patch for it to give full value but I'm slotting for damage anyway with 5 rags (leaving out pure damage) and an annihilation -res proc. If nothing else it's a set mule for even more recharge. Should be good DoTs for hard targets and the slow is win. I'm having fun starting with rain of arrows, then explosive with the kb to kd which hits while the RoA arrows are in flight, then anything that lives is in glue when it stands back up.

• Like 1

Thanks-- Pine's is helpful for most things but it doesn't show the base accuracy of glue arrow. So I wasn't sure if it was like Flash Arrow which as I understand is auto-hit in PVE but needs accuracy for PVP or if the slow and the damage are separate with the damage taking an accuracy check. 

Wish there were some acc/rech IO's out there I could slot into it if the latter.