Earth/psi or Mind/Earth?

Mansome

Hi all, I have a few Dom's I just started but need to know from an endgame perspective which will have the easier time solo. I went with both of these because I know at some point smashing and lethal damage is resisted, and sometimes psi is resisted too but does this happen at the same time where smashing and psi is resisted? I am leaning more towards Earth control because of the pet but I wouldn't mind going with mind if someone can explain how I can use confuse but not have it take so much xp away.

As far as control sets go, Earth is probably in a better position than Mind.  As for damage, generally how smashing versus psionic goes is that more things resist smashing, but the things that resist psionic resist it more strongly.  At times it seems that "psionic resist" is the new "psionic hole" since, yeah, it's an issue, but it's not like it's going to stop you dead in your tracks.

...and the XP loss from confused enemies isn't a significant issue since, compared to another (unteamed) player dealing damage to something, damage from other enemies only counts 1/4 as much when calculating damage done and how much XP that subtracts.  There's a graph of how it works out on the Paragon Wiki, but the gist is that enemies would have to lose about 80% of their health from other enemies attacking them for you to get half XP when you finish them off.  It's a fair tax when you consider how absolutely bonkers AoE confuses can be.

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.

I would in general not suggest Mind/Earth, because one of Mind's advantages is that it is fully ranged with no PBAoEs. Earth Assault is a very melee-oriented set, and it wants to be in melee, so you're not taking advantage of one of Mind's advantages. Earth Control is also ranged in theory, but running into and fighting in your Earthquake is a solid plan, and then you're in melee range for Drain Psyche.