Kheldian lore question

diefree

I haven't found anything official to either support or prevent this idea, so no guarantees it is lore friendly:  I have a Peacebringer who is a Kheldian merged with a teenager, and the Kheldian personality is largely suppressed.  My reasoning was that the Kheldian merged with the host at a young age (and during a physically traumatic event), and the state of chemical/biological flux of the human brain through puberty and adolescence was enough to disrupt the joining of minds.  Of course, this also has the side effect of somewhat erratic control over powers.  My intent with the character is that the Kheldian personality would assert itself more over time as the host matures and stabilizes.

I don't know if this is quite what you were thinking, but hopefully it gives you some ideas.  My thoughts are (and again, this is purely my opinion/interpretation of the lore) that under normal circumstances, yes the personalities would merge.  But abnormal circumstances could always interfere with that and make the merge incomplete, so if you just get creative with the circumstances of the merge then you can make it work for your character.