The T9 of Archery and AR cooldown

SinergyX

All the nukes are 1,5min across the sets, but why Archery and AR also? Their counterpars are semi-nukes with only 60sec cooldown.

Besides that, it seems that corr and blaster version have either higher ticks, or for AR there is additional damage after 3.3sec

(this data is from ingame, from the powerpicks itself).

3x37.58

3x15.48

Versus corrupter:

3x50

3x50

vs blaster

3x100

So its weaker, has 50% longer cooldown, it doesn't really make sense :(

All of the other primaries' nukes are 'boom' powers -- you trigger them, they go off and do all of their damage right away. Full Auto and Rain of Arrows are both DoT damage -- Full Auto roots you for the duration of the power, and Rain of Arrows is a location-based power whose target is fixed when you start the animation. With RoA, if the mobs move out of the area while the animation is playing, too bad; you've just shot up the ground. With FA, the mobs in the cone get to shoot back before they go down, and you can find yourself faceplanted from it. One of the things I used to do with my AR/EM Blaster before the shutdown was to run up stealthed to a big spawn of Nemesis in PI, pop Boost Range, Aim, and Build Up, then hose down the spawn with Full Auto. With the armor from the Munitions Mastery pool, I could usually expect to survive the return fire, adding Flamethrower if any of the spawn survived the FA, and Boost Range gave me a really nice beaten zone for the cone, although the target limits in later issues made it dicier.

That's not what's being asked, though.  Sentinels have all their T9 primary powers set to 90 second recharge across the board - this applies to both the blaster nukes with longer recharges and the aberrant powers like Full Auto and Rain of Arrows with shorter recharges.

In AR's case, this is a mixed bag.  Sentinel's Full Auto is significantly different all around, so it's hard to say it's actively worse:

Blaster Full Auto: 60s recharge, 80 range, 20 degree arc, 17 ticks of 10.13 lethal, 10% chance of extra 62.56 lethal

Sentinel Full Auto: 90s recharge, 40 range, 90 degree arc, 17 ticks of 7.03 lethal, possible additional up to 17 ticks of 2.91 lethal (16% chance)

Sentinel AR also gets a smoother early attack chain with Disorienting Shot and some additional late single target punch with Incinerator replacing Sniper Rifle (and being not Lethal!).

In Archery's case, it's pretty unambiguously bad for the set; the only benefit Sentinel gets is a slightly lower endurance cost for Rain of Arrows.

Blaster Rain of Arrows: 60s recharge, 90 range, 25 radius, 3 ticks of 75.07 lethal

Sentinel Rain of Arrows: 90s recharge, 40 range, 25 radius, 3 ticks of 37.58 lethal + 3 ticks of 15.48 lethal

Like AR, though, Sentinel Archery gets an arguably stronger ST attack chain with the addition of meaningful damage on Stunning Shot and Perfect Shot being very strong.  (On the other hand, Sentinel's Aimed Shot is weaker but faster-recharging.)

Also worth noting: the numbers given in Pine's are lower than those reported by the server - Pine's reports a damage scale of 0.9 for sentinels, while the actual value on the server is 0.95.

Global: @Reiska, both here and back on live.

I was Erika Shimomura and Nagare Yuki on Virtue during the Live era.

Now I play on Everlasting. 🙂

That's not what's being asked, though.  Sentinels have all their T9 primary powers set to 90 second recharge across the board - this applies to both the blaster nukes with longer recharges and the aberrant powers like Full Auto and Rain of Arrows with shorter recharges.

In AR's case, this is a mixed bag.  Sentinel's Full Auto is significantly different all around, so it's hard to say it's actively worse:

Blaster Full Auto: 60s recharge, 80 range, 20 degree arc, 17 ticks of 10.13 lethal, 10% chance of extra 62.56 lethal

Sentinel Full Auto: 90s recharge, 40 range, 90 degree arc, 17 ticks of 7.03 lethal, possible additional up to 17 ticks of 2.91 lethal (16% chance)

Thanks on that one, I didnt even notice the big increase on arc. So AR does get a different, with arguable longer recharge, FA.

On Archery I havent got to the point to that it, the range itself isn't that much of an issue as you are most like more up close and personal anyway.

CoH has a documented history of making new ATs that are arguably better than their predecessors - I see Brutes more than Tankers or Scrappers, Corruptors over Blasters/Defenders, and this is Blueside, mind you.

Perhaps they wanted to make very sure that Sentinels, at least, were not a threat to whatever 'hat' was left for Blasters and Scrappers, and not repeat past mistakes?

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute