Savage/willpower is confusing me what do you think?

QuiJon

Willpower seems to have so many different aspects to it, resistances, defense, -to hit, Regen it is really throwing me for a loop trying to figure out how to make a good build. I look at the numbers I can achieve compared to other strictly resistance or defense sets and they don't seem stellar but then I don't know now much the regen will compensate? So I figure I would see what others think. Before someone says it, I purposely mostly ingored recharge rate bonuses, the t9 doesn't benefit from them anyway and the sets in the attack with hasten I think provide for more then enough recharge. 

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Blu Ska-Doo: Level 50 Natural Brute
Primary Power Set: Savage Melee
Secondary Power Set: Willpower
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Maiming Slash -- SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(40)
Level 1: High Pain Tolerance -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), NmnCnv-Heal(46), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(46), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(50)
Level 2: Savage Strike -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury(42)
Level 4: Shred -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), FuroftheG-Acc/Dmg(13), FuroftheG-Dam/Rech(15), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(15), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(45)
Level 6: Mind Over Body -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17), Ags-ResDam(17), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 8: Fast Healing -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(19), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(21), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(45), NmnCnv-Heal(45), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(46)
Level 10: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(21)
Level 14: Indomitable Will -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Vicious Slash -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(23), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(27), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(43)
Level 18: Rending Flurry -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(42)
Level 20: Quick Recovery -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(31)
Level 22: Rise to the Challenge -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(31), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg(33), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(33), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(34)
Level 24: Kick -- Acc-I(A)
Level 26: Tough -- GldArm-RechRes(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37), UnbGrd-Max HP%(43)
Level 28: Heightened Senses -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(A), LucoftheG-Def(34), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(36)
Level 30: Weave -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37), ShlWal-Def(37), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(39)
Level 32: Savage Leap -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(39), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(39), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(40), FuroftheG-Acc/Dmg(40), FuroftheG-Dam/Rech(43)
Level 35: Superior Conditioning -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 38: Strength of Will -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), ResDam-I(50)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(42)
Level 44: Blood Thirst -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), ShlWal-Def(48), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(48)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- DefBuff-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Heal-I(A), Heal-I(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(23)
Level 1: Blood Frenzy 
------------

For survivability, I have found out that WP benefits a lot from Fighting Pool so I would build from there. You can go for high defense to EN/Neg/Fire/Cold and rely on resistance and regeneration for S/L dmg, or go for high S/L def and res and cope with pure exotic dmg with regen, or go for regen all the way with decent def and res... the choice is yours.  Bear in mind that your primary should also weigh on which way to go, depending on the active dmg mitigation your prmary has or the lack of it, but that is probably the best feature of WP, it gives you solid base stats for you to build your char the way it suits best your own playstyle.

• Like 1

Being chased by a wasp is the most complete sport practice!

I'd opt for capping s/l defense and resistances. That's the most common type of damage that will be tossed at you. Even some attacks that for example deal fire damage will usually have either smashing or lethal in there somewhere (like fire sword). In most instances with set bonuses you will probably end up getting fire,cold and energy,negative energy defense depending on what particular enhancement sets you slot (the winter themed enhancements have a hearty chunk of fire/cold mitigation) Those definitely shouldn't be ignored since as willpower you get a degree of exotic damage defense with your power picks. Psi damage might be an issue, but most sets have a vulnerability to that anyway.

Edited by Bloodofcaine

Here's my build plan. The character is only 37 right now and I'm assembling the components of the build, but I'm excited about the potential. One nice thing about it is endurance for days. Both sets love your blue bar and want it to be full and happy.

My build doesn't quite have perma hasten even with the Agility Alpha, but the force feedback proc and the savagery stacks may create effective perma-hasten. I haven't tested on Justin because I don't much care about a little hasten downtime, but if you do it might be worth checking out to see if you want to try to squeeze more recharge in. My S/L resists are only 81%, but SLENFC are all softcapped for non-Incarnate content. I'm pretty happy with how it looks right now; we'll see what comes of it in practice.

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.3
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Brute
Primary Power Set: Savage Melee
Secondary Power Set: Willpower
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Maiming Slash -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(17)
Level 1: High Pain Tolerance -- Prv-Heal/EndRdx(A), Prv-Heal(7), Prv-Heal/Rchg(7), GldArm-3defTpProc(9), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(9), UnbGrd-Max HP%(11)
Level 2: Shred -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(11), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(13), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), Obl-%Dam(48)
Level 4: Fast Healing -- RgnTss-Regen+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(15)
Level 6: Blood Thirst -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 8: Vicious Slash -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx(21), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), FrcFdb-Rechg%(48)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(23), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(25)
Level 12: Mind Over Body -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(25), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(27), RctArm-ResDam(27)
Level 14: Indomitable Will -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 16: Rise to the Challenge -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(17), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(19), Prv-Heal/Rchg(29), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(29), Prv-Absorb%(33)
Level 18: Rending Flurry -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(50)
Level 20: Quick Recovery -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(33), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34), RctArm-ResDam(34)
Level 26: Hemorrhage -- SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(50)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(37), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(37)
Level 30: Heightened Senses -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(37), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(39)
Level 32: Savage Leap -- Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury(39), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Erd-%Dam(40)
Level 35: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(42), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(42)
Level 38: Strength of Will -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(42), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Ags-ResDam(43)
Level 41: Gloom -- SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(45), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(45)
Level 44: Dark Obliteration -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(46), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Rgn-Knock%(48)
Level 47: Darkest Night -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Blood Frenzy
Level 50: Agility Radial Paragon
------------

Scrap