I just soloed a friggin' Strike Force?!

darkgob

So when I was playing my Bots/Dark on live, I was eventually able to solo a couple GMs (and this was pre-Incarnate) -- Adamastor, Babbage.  I also soloed Johnny Sonata and Lord Recluse as AVs, but with some moderate/heavy cheating (nukes/Shivans/whatever the hell else I could find in the case of Recluse).

Since Homecoming, I've found myself able to solo a number of AVs/Heroes and a couple redside GMs (again, all before unlocking the Alpha Slot), without even resorting to shenanigans as I did with Lord Recluse in the Beforetimes.  Today I had a little trouble finding a team for Renault, and I had just read someone in a global channel saying they had to solo it in order to get it done.  I thought "well hell, that's a damn idea, huh?"

I'm a little embarrassed that I ended up with the Settings UI in the screenshot* but I was just too pumped to think about it when I was doing the screenshot.  (Yes, there's a pantload of big inspirations in my tray -- but I don't think I even used any of them!)

screenshot_190819-21-51-42.thumb.jpg.469ec894b3d0a9ac91d2e389f8d6f3ca.jpg

*Especially since I initially tried to bind the wrong function, then while trying to remove the bind ended up binding it to my Right Mouse Button...

Thoughts:

1. I forgot about Barracuda in the penultimate mission until she spawned.  Not a problem but took me a bit by surprise, especially since she ran right out of frame in her cutscene before it even ended.
  2. I got to the final room and you can see my reaction in the screenshot.  Totally forgot about those obnoxious tornadoes.  They weren't too much of an issue but again, wasn't expecting it.
  3. Calystix was the most irritating part -- no surprises there, I remember he was a real jogger on live.
  4. The Eye was...not a big problem, honestly, but did take longer than Calystix (felt that way anyway).  My Bots spent a majority of the fight clipped entirely inside the Eye's model because the game allows that to happen.  Also, the Eye does almost purely Psionic Damage, and I'm a Bots Mastermind, so...yeah. 🙂
  5. Can't believe I just barely didn't level off this -- after 200k XP from Calystix and the Eye each, plus arc completion XP.  Fortunately after I cleared the Coralax ambushes and the rest of the room I was just barely able to level to Veteran Level 8.  A nice way to cap it off.

So anyway yeah that's my bragfest.

• Like 6