Couple of Zone PvP Questions

Sundodge

Sometimes it says that enemy players are 'Invalid Targets'.  I've not been confused or had any interaction with the player.  I'm also not running anything like Invis or the like that would stop me from attacking, so am curious why?

Second I remember Siren's Call being a lvl 30 max zone but I have a lvl 32 power available and I also saw a player who had a lvl 35 epic power activated.  Have PvP zones been lvl edited?

Thanks ahead. 

Edited by Sundodge

The invalid target thing is a bug on Homecoming - either on your end or the invalid target's end. I think the bugged player needs to relog to fix the issue. This doesn't happen too often though.

Exemplaring was changed at some point so you have access to powers +5 your exemplared level. So in SC you get your 35 power, in Warburg you get your 41 power, etc.

Edited by xhiggy

• 2 months later
  • 3 weeks later

I've been looking into it.

It can happen in any PvP zone (BB/SC/WB/RV). If you look at the "PvP" tab under their info, it says "PVP Disabled".

It only happens to the first person zoning into a PvP zone if nobody else is there, but it isn't consistent.

I think that if nobody enters one of the PvP zones for X amount of time (24 hours? Server reset?)....something happens. If you go into a PvP zone nobody has been in for a while, and you're the first one, your PvP will be disabled. The next person who enters will have their PvP enabled.

I've come across a few people farming RV in other servers while being totally immune, due to RV not typically being active on those servers.

This shouldn't be a problem for RV in Indom, and will only apply to lower population servers. Even Warburg on most servers has someone go in at least daily to get the nukes, so it rarely happens in those zones.

Edit: It used to be a lot more common on Homecoming, when the servers were constantly being reset, which supports the above (fist person zoning into an inactive PvP zone). And people's advice of "change your alignment" just had people leave the zone and come back which fixed it.

Edited by Mallex