x/Fire Farmers, which Lore pets?

Genericface

TL;DR: Which invincible Lore pet is the best assistant for farming, and why?

Obviously the name of the game is speed, and anything that's not invincible is going to bite the dirt quick. I got told "get the invincible Defiler" but not really why, and I'm not sure that's even the best advice. It seems to have something that causes afraid and they run out of my patches. At least I think it's the defiler. So, I'm looking to understand the mechanics of the support Lore pets and get some opinions on which ones work best, specifically for a /Fire farmer.

Thanks for your input.

The Defiler has a Rain Of Fire-style power on a short recharge that deals decent damage, despite being untouchable. This adds more damage than any of the support buffs do. Enemies will indeed run out of Rain effects if not taunted, but I'm pretty sure damage patches have target caps anyway, so it's not a big deal.

Invulnerable support is the only thing that will survive, Defiler is the only one that has an attack it uses, the damage is o.k. and it ahs a -6% damage debuff, but it's more it gathers agro with that, keeping all those extra mobs from wondering off if you're already at the agro cap.  

• Like 1