Lower the Cap on All Raid Zones

Apparition

I initially suggested this just for The Abyss, but I'm starting to strongly feel that all raid zones (The Hive, The Abyss, and Rikti War Zone), need to have their player cap put back to 50.  I know that it will not be a popular suggestion, but I have four reasons.

1. There is little strategy to Hamidon raids now.  It's simply too easy as Hamidon raids were not designed for more than fifty people at a time, nonetheless 150+ Incarnates.

2. The 64 bit client and server update helped performance a bit, but raids are still a laggy mess, especially Hamidon raids.  The only real fix to this problem is to lower the number of people at the raids.

3. It will be much easier to intentionally spawn additional zones for concurrent raids, or if Hamidon triple blooms, or what have you.

4. Less players, less chance of griefing, and more accountability for people that do grief.  Griefing is starting to get out of hand at both Rikti mothership raids and Hamidon raids.  People spamming Dimension Shift.  People spamming Black Hole.  Multiple people spawning their team teleporters at the rock in The Hive, (each one prompts everyone nearby if they'd like to teleport to their mission).  People TPing their whole league directly in front of Hamidon on numerous occasions, leading to massive wipes.  Then there's the AFKers, people who won't do a danged thing because, "Hey, there's 150 other people here, they really don't need me."

• Like 1

+1

They can still leave it at a generous 75, and improve performance over what it is now.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism