Hopkins soloing guidance

Shoulung

So I managed to clear manticore tf up to Hopkins, but when I engage him he just runs all over the place while my alpha strike abilities wear off, and then it’s a slow losing battle between trying to keep current pets healed while recasting others. I’m thugs/dark, and I start the fight with dark servant and gang war out, then cast darkest night, tar patch, howling twilight, fearsome stare, and then petrifying gaze just for shits and giggles, in case it stacks with my dark servant. He basically ignores tar patch, and I can never get him lower than 80% health with all the chasing. Any recommendations?

I suspect you'll have trouble succeeding here. Dark is debuff based and AVs have a lot of debuff resistance. You have very little -regen outside of Howling Twilight which you can't cast often.

Even with my Bots/Time with Bots' -regen, and Time's -regen, I still found I had to wade in and use kick, sands of my, and the blackwand to actually outdamage AV regen on a lot of them.

Dark puts out a lot more -Regen than people realize. Twilight Grasp may be only -50%, but it can be stacked 3-4 times, plus another stack from the Dark Servant, for a permanent -200 or -250%. When HT is up, the AV should have its Regen floored, and when it's not, it should suffer about a -30% penalty.

But some AVs just like to run. A lot. You may need to invest into an Immobilize power to keep them in place. Dark Servant will help stack it with occasional uses of Tenebrous Tentacles, but you still have to do most of the Immobilization. And in cases where you're not high enough level to get an Immobilize... I don't know. Chasing all over the map may be needed.