Fiery Embrace no longer giving damage bonus

Noyjitat

Before the recent patch this gave a damage bonus to fire abilities, a bonus to all non fire abilities and it also gave fire damage to all fire abilities. According to the combat attributes window it doesn't give a damage bonus now.

I didn't think to take a screenshot but I think it was 100% bonus to fire and 80% bonus to non fire attacks. Does that sound correct to anyone else?

4 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:

That power has never granted direct damage buff. Instead it just enables the FieryEmbrace attribute that you see in other powers.

It does grant just a damage buff in PvP, though.

Gotta disagree mate. Been this way for long time now until this patch. I'm sure if you look at the Paragon wiki you'll see  the power was changed post issue 18 and this was removed but it was added back at some point and remained that way until well this patch. I keep my damage and other things tracked in the on display combat attribute window and i farm like everyday. I noticed it today that my damage had dropped and thats when I looked at the damage tracker and seen I Wasn'g getting as high of a damage bonus as normal and then further testing I See fiery embrace isn't giving me bonus damage.

Something took this away in the patch. You may not have personally took it away but something with the changes made to to hit or something has broken. My scrapper now no longer goes beyond the 80% damage bonus from buildup and I Was reaching over 200 with buildup + fiery embrace and the chance for buildup proc io. The brute would reach over 400 with fury, buildup, fiery embrace and the chance for buildup proc io.  

• Developer
21 minutes ago, Noyjitat said:

My scrapper now no longer goes beyond the 80% damage bonus from buildup and I Was reaching over 200 with buildup + fiery embrace and the chance for buildup proc io.

There is the variable that was missing.

Build Up itself for scrappers grants +100% damage buff (not 80%)

Chance for Build Up, on Scrappers, should also grant another +100% when it goes of. That is why you were seeing 200% when you activated both.

Note that Chance for Build up is a PPM power, and although it will have a very good chance to proc on a high recharge power like Build Up, there is always a 10% chance (i think its 10%) it wont go off.

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

1 hour ago, Noyjitat said:

Gotta disagree mate. Been this way for long time now until this patch.

Here is a web archive snapshot with data from Live: http://web.archive.org/web/20140821065052/http://tomax.cohtitan.com/data/powers/power.php?id=Scrapper_Defense.Fiery_Aura.Fiery_Embrace

The first two effects are PVP only, the third one is "+100% to chance of all effects tagged FieryEmbrace for 20s" which is the only thing you'll see in PVE. It has never granted a direct damage buff in PVE.