Versions for popular gaming platforms

Civilization

That is likely well beyond the scope of what the all-volunteer, and fairly small, HC development team would be able to do.

Plus, how exactly would you get the game to those players?  Putting it on disk, means manufacturing expenses - and any deal with NCSoft is almost certainly going to preclude selling copies of the game.  Same for digital; it works for PCs and Macs because those players can go to any old website, and download any old file(s) to their computer; consoles can't do the same (not for the typical user, anyway).

• Like 1

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

It isn't as simple as "put it on another platform.", there has to be business negotiations between the developer (in this case the Homecoming team) and the publisher & operator of the platform (so Valve for Steam, EA for Origin, Microsoft for Xbox/Windows Store, Sony for PlayStation & Nintendo for the Switch).

The issue, as PaxArcana points out, that would involve sales, and Homecoming is a strict non-profit project. Now, I don't know about you, but I don't think a company like Microsoft or EA are going to get embroiled in a legal dispute over something that won't see them any actual profit.

• Like 1

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

Well, nonprofits can definitely sell things.  It's what they do with the money afterwards, that is constrained.

Still, NCSoft isn't going to want that to happen.  Free, they can maybe swallow.  "The new blockbuster selling like hotcakes on PS4 and XBone" ... not so much, I bet.

• Like 1

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism