Game Causing Network Issues?

Griffyn

My roommate says that every time I start the game, the internet connected hangs on their computer.  It seems to be more than just idle speculation. They asked me twice today if I just started the game and both times they were correct.  

I've checked the windows performance numbers and didn't see anything that would cause it. Also, my laptop is on wireless and the other computer is connected to the router via Ethernet.  I also had a bandwidth monitor program on my computer and nothing is running there that would indicate a problem. I ran a speed test of my connection and it was around 80/80.

Any ideas on what else I could check?

start with the easy stuff. make sure your anti virus is up to date and your laptop is clean. make sure your anti virus is up to date. also some of the free anti virus sometime think coh is a virus and you may have to put in an exception for it. make sure your laptop drivers are up to date. intel has a free driver checker. if your laptop network drivers and mb drivers are up to date and the issue is stil lthere make sure the router firmware is up to date. check with the mods see what ports coh may use make sure there open or there an exception for coh in the router you use. on your router check it spec if it a few years old an and older n unit it may not have any cache ram for games and may be running out of ram when all the pc start using it. (or heat lock up). with the new launcher try the old 32 bit one see if there any change. if your laptop has a network port see if the error also when it hard wired.