ELEC\KIN

DocRadio

1 hour ago, wahooker said:

Its not a horrible powerset, combo, but not really effective as a sapper by any means.

1 hour ago, wahooker said:

Its not a horrible powerset, combo, but not really effective as a sapper by any means.

Interesting. I figured with Short Circuit, Transference and Thunderous blast (now crashless) It'd be able to pull it off.

The issue is how consistent it is and how effective it is overall. A number of late game AVs will laugh at it. My main on live was Kin/elec and I feel like I could drain some back on live, but I also had Power Boost. My Elec/kin controller doesn't yet. I went for damage so far with Patron powers. Regular mobs, well yeah. Unless something specifically resist it(Sappers), they will have no end in short order. I currently find the controller version the best out of the box sapper for support types since Elec control gets a location targeted AoE sleep and controls to deal with needing to be in melee range. Damage is lower. I would rank the corr version next since corrs have better potential for damage and  I doubt the difference in sapping is that different. In short, it works, but end drain can be fairly useless for some end game content.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

5 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

The issue is how consistent it is and how effective it is overall. A number of late game AVs will laugh at it. My main on live was Kin/elec and I feel like I could drain some back on live, but I also had Power Boost. My Elec/kin controller doesn't yet. I went for damage so far with Patron powers. Regular mobs, well yeah. Unless something specifically resist it(Sappers), they will have no end in short order. I currently find the controller version the best out of the box sapper for support types since Elec control gets a location targeted AoE sleep and controls to deal with needing to be in melee range. Damage is lower. I would rank the corr version next since corrs have better potential for damage and  I doubt the difference in sapping is that different. In short, it works, but end drain can be fairly useless for some end game content.

Thanks. I wasn't actually looking to drain AV's. Or even Elite bosses. I'm just thinking back to my days as a triple elec blaster. I could pretty much keep boss level mobs drained pretty reliably with power sink and short circuit. 

SC + Transference will take care of a boss.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."