• Last visited

• Days Won

Infinitum last won the day on April 8

Infinitum had the most liked content!

2367 Excellent

About Infinitum

• Birthday 01/01/1004

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. I prefer a different metric. Anything can kick butt. Only a tanker causes broken attack deployment - fists, legs, swords, shields... Lamp posts. Etc. All with our just our faces even. I have had the enemy actually give up before and take to heavy drinking because their attacks ran dry while I made myself a sandwich.
  2. Taunt is a good and useful power. Having said that - Tanker Gauntlet is strong enough in my opinion that if you want to skip taunt for another attack or pool power it is perfectly acceptable to do so for 99% of the game. If you continue attacking especially with aoe - it's going to keep the enemy grouped around you. The only thing that will peel enemy off is another tanker with taunt. The only potentially dangerous situation that might arise is if your group over aggros - which will happen but the game is so insanely forgiving - even that is only a minor hiccup. More often than not steamrolling with even half a team of proficient players will succeed without taunt. Hardcore might be an exception to taunt being a requirement - I can't say for sure because I have never played hardcore. Not my cup of tea.
  3. How is your build working out? - it looked pretty good from first glance - but how does it handle Endurance - Knockback etc?
  4. Sorry it took so long to get back to you - I am actually recovering from the shingles the last 2 weeks in addition to EoM at work a few weeks ago. Been a hectic rough stretch but I am still here lol. Try this build out - I ticked all the boxes for great survivability for Elec Armor - and went with a more ST route with Battle Axe - you could always switch one of the ST attacks out for Pendulum if you would rather go that route instead. Hope this helps! Tanker (Electric Armor - Battle Axe).mbd
  5. I sent a PM reply for this you had requested there. Hope it helps - should be pretty strong though.
  6. @Tiresias and @Semler I promise I have not forgotten you. Just going through a crazy busy EoM work period. I will be able to assist better next week hopefully. Sorry for the delays.
  7. I think a lot of the problems with boxing and kick are how ugly and underwhelming the animations are. If boxing had the animation of either initial strike or heavy blow from street justice - it would be feel little less boring. Kick - should be something like crane kick from MA or storm kick from martial combat. As is neither look impressive enough to fill an attack chain.
  8. Well, I'm going to stick with none of that matters enough to lose sleep over - because all sets involved are working well without any outlier level variances.
  9. Changing it one way or another would result in invul being slightly OP if added there or shield and SR being underpowered if it was removed. None of that would make sense given how close the performance is currently. As I said earlier Invul has one extra tier in dull pain - so chalk it up to that for consistency sake.
  10. Have to disagree here because each of the other powersets have a self heal/HP buff, endurance boost/defense click etc. Which is 3 tiers of mitigation in most cases - Bio has all 4 Shield and SR only have the defense and resistance categories to work with so it wouldn't make sense to not give them the ability to come close to capping DDR or capping it in SR case. Naturally they should be the best at it and have the best ways to protect it. It's not like they are extreme outliers - invul is only ever so slightly behind them - because it has dull pain and slightly higher resistances to mitigate incoming damage.
  11. Without looking - I am pretty sure it has a whole set of Shield Wall in it.
  12. Here are a few Screenshots from my Res Tankers - all very good also. Electric Armor Dark Armor Radiation Armor And Fiery Aura I know they don't get DDR but I have built each one to have Softcapped+ Melee defense to help absorb the alpha and any effects that might come with it.
  13. This is how the SR Shield and Invul compare by the numbers - my builds Invul - with 10 in Invincibility - and one stack of Might of the Tanker Shield - one stack of Might of the Tanker SR - one stack of Might of the Tanker/Agile Dodge and Luck set to 0 Sliding Scale Res SR - one stack of Might of the Tanker/Agile Dodge and Luck set to 50% Sliding Scale Res SR - one stack of Might of the Tanker/Agile Dodge and Luck set to 100% Sliding Scale Res SR never gets that low on my tanker - the 100% slider value - normally under extreme duress it is in between the 50% and the 100% and fluctuates - it looks very scary but is super safe at that point. All of the above is so close in performance it splits hairs - and Invul is right there but there are larger fluctuations due to the DDR - but it has the slightly higher res - and also dull pain which equalizes the situation quickly and stabilizes as any heavy enemy group has to chew through a greater HP/Res wall.
  14. For Shield with one stack of Active Defense - its a click power with 2 stacks of Active Defense - there is about a 20-30 second gap usually for this but its not noticeable. SR - always capped Like I said earlier these two do not get a dull pain type power like Invul - so that goes a long way towards equalizing this DDR deficit Invul has - but Shield and SR (rightfully so because of the absence of a self heal/HP Boost) experience less hiccups to the defense fluctuating - still happens, but all depends on how high you build the defense.