I've gotten them on several alts, they can be a challenge due to the fact that player characters since issue 13 in PVP zones are under the "diminishing returns" system which means you will not be at full power like you are in the PVE zones. Check your combat stats and look at your resistance and defense stats and you will see what I mean. Meanwhile your targets are L54 and at full power
They spawn in pairs and it is random, you may get the same pair a few times or not. If there is a pattern to induce the spawning of specific characters I have never found it.
4 pillboxes gives the first spawn, defeat them and then take a 5th pillbox for another spawn, defeat them then take a 6th to reset the zone, or have someone with opposite alignment take a few pill boxes then take them back.
1. Don't broadcast that you are going to RV, that is an open invitation for griefers and trolls. Form your team in Atlas near the entrance or Grandville near the entrance and have everyone go into full hide mode from searches, etc. Trust me its a good idea to do that.
2. Some AT/power sets could solo them but if you have a team of 3 or more that would be better
3. Poison daggers can help a bit, Warburg nukes might make them blink
4. Lore pets, longbow or banished pantheon, T3 or T4 versions.
5. Have one of the heavy robots in the zone under control as well. Heavies are slow but tough, they cannot be teleported, nor buffed/healed but the incarnate power incandescence will move them.
6. Head to the pillbox that they are targeting and take control of its guns in addition to your heavy and lore pets, all pets and guns to aggressive mode and open fire.
7. A healer/debuffer is recommended.
Separating them can be done if someone with taunt or long range attacks can get the attention of one of them and pull them away.
They spawn in these pairs:
Black Scorpion and Mako: Black Scorpion has a taunt, take him down first
Scirocco and Ghost Widow: Ghost Widow is the far greater threat, take her down fast
With any of those spawns, Lord Recluse could be randomly inserted in place of one of the other AVs. If he shows up he is target #1.
The Blue AV's
Positron and Synapse: when you get the alert that heroes are coming, if Synapse isn't there in about 20 seconds then it isn't them. Also Positron can sometimes take some time to arrive so nail synapse first. For Positron remember he is a walking meltdown.
Manticore and Back Alley Brawler: though Manti's arrows can be a royal pain, Bab's fists are a greater pain. Take Bab down first.
Penelope Yin and Ms. Liberty: these are the replacements in the zone for the slain Sister Psyche and Statesman. Penelope Yin's PSIONIC damage is the far greater threat, take her down FAST. Also be glad Statesman is gone, I faced him in that zone on live, and he was the greatest threat of all the AVs.