64 bit client no longer works on MacOS

aethereal

Until the update a few days ago, I had been using the 64 bit client out of Island Rum.  After the client update from last week, the 64-bit option was grayed out and when I select it, it warns me that it "may not work this this client."  If I tell it to go anyway, it doesn't do anything.

I upgraded my version of MacOS from Sierra to Mojave, and did brew upgrade wine, neither changed anything.

I can use the safe mode client, but not the non-safe mode 32 bit, either.  Anyone know what's up?

You may have an outdated combination of Island Rum and Client installed.

Rescue any "personal files" (like chat, window, keybinds settings as well as actual individual keybind files) and save them elsewhere so you don't lose them when you take the next step(s).

DELETE your Island Rum installation AND your CoH client ... completely.

Download and install a fresh copy of Island Rum.

Use Island Rum to download a fresh copy of the CoH client.

Put your rescued files "back" in their respective locations in the clean loaded installation (spoiler alert, the file structure may look different/updated after the clean load).

Patch game client to completion and relaunch.

The above worked for me.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Welp, I deleted island rum and now the new copy won't load the manifest, so that's cool.  I assume it's either transitory or else I'll just go ahead and restore my deleted copy, but an unwelcome surprise. (EDIT:  And the key to that was to post a complaint on the forums, which magically unbroke it.  😉 )

Is there a way to reliably get the latest island rum?  I can't seem to find a canonical location.

Edited by aethereal