How can I make a room have the night sky?

Zep

Please and thank you.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

• Community Rep

Go to the "skies" tab in the base editor. Make sure you've replaced the ceiling to a room with open sky. Select "space" as your sky, or cycle through til you find one that you like; I do think that is the only one that looks like a regular night sky that doesn't cycle through daytime, though. Once you select the sky you like, place it in the middle of the room. It will show you how big of an area it covers, with the object box. If it does not/will not cover the whole room, place more than one in a way so that it will cover the whole room. Now, you should get that sky in that area, and the rest of the base will have whatever other sky you've chosen.

-Dacy

Thank you,

It is one of the max sized rooms. I have stuff on the floor already, though more to come, and walls around the perimeter. 

I can search for 'Sky' under items but havint found the tab these items are in. When I place it from searching up 'place items' nothing happens. If I clip my head though the roof I can see it --- hmmmm, how do I get rid of the max height ceiling texture?

Thanks!

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

Ah -

Just found open Sky.

Thanks!!!!

You got me looking in the right place.

• Community Rep

Zep, if your room is essentially your base, it's far easier to set the sky under "options", the last tab on the bottom left of the editor. You should see a menu including sky choices pop up. The skies under the editing tab, "Skies", are small area skies, suitable for a limited area. Think of them as effects, not what you do for the entire base.

-Dacy