Another PVP Build Project: Help me decide!!

Sublime

As Title says, i´ve lvl´d and played my other toons so it´s time to start new build focusing Sonic as primary (i know its NOT most damaging primary but i wanna give it a go!) 

So atm i´m struggling with these three contestants:

Blaster Sonic/EN due all secondary buffs Energy gives it would boost Sonics overall dmg output Also thinking bout /Time as another decent booster

Sentinel Sonic/Regen since anything /regen would work and i´ve got good consept in mind

Corruptor Sonic/Poison Do i need to say more? DeBuffs and being background player as the power goes this could also work and suits w overall consept.

sonic as an attack set is a bit tricky to pull off atm i feel, its animations are pretty rough

having said that, defender sonic attacks do -20% res each, which is pretty insane, i could imagine something like a kin/sonic defender or the like being pretty fun as an offence toon. nature/sonic could probably also work, but i feel like there is such a thing as "too much" -res, and so i dont think you would want to use corrosive enzymes much. cold/ and therm/ could also be interesting as disruption toons. of course pain/ and emp/ are really strong, but thats a very different playstyle and tend to be built around more than the attack set

all of that is also true of corruptors, but i feel like the -20% res for defenders is sonics best asset

I cant recommend /time as a secondary for blasters, its pretty overshadowed by /plant, /energy would be alright as iirc power boost effects the -res, but the animation times _really_ hurt. if you really want to go blaster i would probably go /ta (to help with rooting all the time) or /plant (to be a bit tankier, and -res works somewhat nicely with toxins)

Power Boost doesn't affect -res and you can't slot for it. With DR on debuffs and Defender debuffs not being unresisted anymore it's not as useful as it would've been. Nature/Sonic might be okay but you're pretty much limiting yourself to the tier 1 and 2 attacks with maybe a Screech every now and again because Shout's animation will get you killed.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube