PvP Sentinel

Chalkarts

I've only ever PvPd in LIVE and as a Tanker.

I'd like to dip back into the arena and was considering a ranged build.

I'm looking at Sentinal just because I'm not careful enough to keep a blaster alive.

I'm thinking of combining Dark Blast with Super Reflexes, and focusing my IOs toward endurance and rate of fire.

Beat their Accuracy down to nothing and just pelt them to death while they flail blindly at the darkness.

Viable build?  Anyone tried it before?

What would you consider your character will be participating in most? 

Zone PvP, either primarily on a team or solo?

1v1 zone or arena fight clubbing?

Pick up games like kickball on Wednesday and Saturday nights?

I usually look at the environment I will be playing in and decide powerset based on that. From there I stick with the solid pvp build guidance from Dan Petro and others on the forums and pvp discord. I don't play any ranged classes or else I'd offer some advice. 

dark/ can work somewhat well, however /sr doesnt really work for sentinels thanks for DR 😞 your defence never gets particularly high as sentinels use the ranged class DR curve still

unfortunately most/all sentinels are either /regen or /bio for good reason, the primary matters a lot less for the most part

other than that, the only thing you need to think about is your mastery, which as long as its //psi (for dominate) or //dark (netherworld grasp) youll do fine, in fact most of your damage will probably come from whichever of those abilities you choose.

as for IO's, i recommend having a read through: