Screen flickers

Nezbit

My screen goes flickers, or goes black for a few frames every so often.  Seems pretty random, but it often coincides with me clicking somewhere in the game.   It doesn't happen often enough to be a huge deal, just an annoying thing that happens every few minutes or so.   I noticed the same thing with someone streaming the game on twitch so apparently it's not just me.  Updated video drivers, no effect.  

I have the same issue on my non-gaming rig.  It has an integrated video card.  Drivers are up to date like you said.  I think the video card that's integrated is an Intel HD Graphics 530 or something like that.  Whatever comes in the Dell Micro Optiplex 3040 models. 

Edit: *Updated video card to correct model number.

Edited by tafilr

My system is a gaming pc, but getting up there in years.  Video card is pretty old by today's standards but it's a decent system.  GTX 680 i7-3770k 3.5gz, 16gm ram.  One day I'll get a new computer but this thing works perfectly fine for what I use it for still.  (I don't play newer graphic intensive shooters and such).  Be nice if there was some setting to change to fix the flicker though!

try removing the nvidia drivers wit ha drive cleaner and then reinstalling and in the game if your monitor has a refresh higher then 60hz the game setting has the higher refresh setting. same for the default video setting in nvidia driver control panel. if your monitor has windows drivers see if there any updated drivers. if your mb has onboard video make sure your video cable on the gaming gpu. in the bios if your not using onboard video make sure it off.  with windows 10 and the newer 64 game client some window 10 may have missing or old drivers i had to install.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads