Water/Ice Epic suggestion please

Nightwatch

Having so much fun running my Water / Ice Blaster Turtle Man but am unimpressed by the epic powers sets available hero side now that I'm at the level to choose one.  Can anyone recommend a good epic power set for Turtle Man?  Would I be better off going to the redside and picking up a set there instead?  Thanks.

My golden rule tends to be go for something with a def based armor and go from there. This way you can stack it with other def based powers and IOs. Powers which can give you defense to range also help.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Really take your pick.  Scorpion Shield is a nice chunk of S/L/E defense so it's one possibility.  I went with Flame on my Fire/EM blaster for Bonfire... toss a KB-KD proc into it and it's a nice damage burn patch that knocks mobs on their butts.  Fire Shield is S/L/F resistance so it doesn't stack for you but it's a resistance power you can use to mule a Steadfast 3% defense unique and the Gladiator's Armor 3% def unique.  Unenhanced 20% resistance and 6% defense in one power, not too bad a choice and it's not easy finding a place to slot those two IO's.

No matter what you take there's going to be trade offs to consider.  Cold has some points to recommend it, most of the others have potential. IMO however Munitions is a dud.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler