Alpha slot suggestions for Sentinel

Mansome

Regardless of power set pairings, I gravitate towards Musculature Core as my first choice.  The reason why is that I find boosting damage is more valuable, for me, than the other options more often than not. 

For some characters I will invest some of the Incarnate Salvage I get early on into a T1 choice that I may not pursue beyond that (though I often do).  For example, Spiritual's T1 gives out 33% recharge modification.  This can be very helpful in the early post-50 realm when a build is not yet finished and I am not fully IOed to my liking.  I'll just leave that T1 alone while I invest into another Alpha that may be more important to my final build goals.  You can't use multiple types of same Incarnate category like Alpha at the same time, but there is nothing to stop you from having various types in reserve.  My main Sentinel has a few variable options (of at least T3 quality) in the Destiny, Interface, and Lore categories.  So you do not need to marry yourself to a single choice, but I do understand some people do not wish to bother building multiples of the same type.

Edited by oldskool
  • Thumbs Up 1

My sentinels are all either spiritual or agility. IMO the most powerful ability a sentinel has is their t9 nuke on a 90 second timer, so bringing that up as quickly as possible is key. Hence adding in more recharge via the alpha slot makes attaining perma-hasten a lot easier. Every one of my sentinels has perma hasten as a goal if I intend to finish the build. All of the ones I play enough to be incarnated out full do have it.

I often start by doing spiritual because it gives the most recharge, and then migrate over to agility to boost more defense as I've been able to afford more recharge from IO bonuses.