so now my base has asteroids going thru it....

Rose

so i changed my sky to night sky or something like that, and i started getting asteroids coming up- ive tried changing it to various others, to get them to stop, but nope... just random asteroids thru the floors and out the ceilings... and i havent built above/below the base...  on excelsior server  rose-1234

any help will be appreciative. (it mostly happens in the garden and in the backroom, but has been seen in the portal room)

• Community Rep

Sometimes effects linger, but. Skies are among the most difficult items to find without the "Current Room" function. So. I hope you only have one room, or you will have to repeat this for each and every room. On the left, you'll see the selections for "Create Room", "Pick Style", "Place Item", and at the bottom, "Current Room". Click on that, and slowly look for the Asteroids sky. Look at the words, because I've noticed of late that sometimes, the picture is wrong for the item, but the word description is not. You should not even see a picture for a sky, anyway. If you can find it there, delete it. Leave the base, let it reset (be out for 6 minutes at least), come back, see if you still see the asteroids.  From the description of where you are seeing the asteroids, I'd suspect that the actual sky's placement is below your base somehow, or inverted, if that's even possible for that piece. If you can't find a sky that's been placed somewhere, I'm happy to come take a look and see if I can spot the problem.

-Dacy

Update:  I went into a base and placed a Meteor Fall, which is the sky's name. The first thing I noticed was that it doesn't have a box. Every other sky up to that one has a defined box. The Meteor Fall, Sky Vortex 1 and 2, do not. These seem to be much larger fx; I know from a previous base I made on test, it's possible to get out of the range of this sky vertically, but  it seems to have a wider area of effect than the other skies, so I'm not sure how far you'd have to go on the same plane to get away from the fx. The second thing I noticed was that the effects did not go away once I deleted the sky! I revise my former statement, tho, you definitely do get meteors streaming through the same level the fx is placed, so it's not likely below your base. So back to the "fx didn't stop" bit: As soon as I realized the fx were continuing, I went to Current Room to make sure I'd deleted it, and left the base for 10 minutes. When I came back, at least so far, no meteors. But I have no idea if the fx might have lingered if I'd left it in place longer, or if they may randomly show up like they do for you. If they do show up, we probably have a bug that needs attention.

I really hope that you do have a hidden sky somewhere, and when you delete it and let the base reset, it goes away! Otherwise the both of us may be waiting on a bug fix to get rid of the silly things.

Edited by Dacy
New information