Can you turn mobs from allied to enemy?

aethereal

Incredibly, yes.  To a point.  What you can do is populate a map or part of a map with single-spawn "ally" creatures.  Set them to do nothing or wander on rescue so they'll stay more or less where they are, and set betrays when to whatever the trigger will be, along with whatever text line you want them to shout across the map regardless of where they are in relation to your character because spoken dialogue in this thing is completely broken.  Oh.  So is ally AI, so some of them will probably still follow you anyway.

This likely won't make for a very satisfying series of combats, so you might want to add in some extra mob spawns of the same type that have the mission goal is created when... set to the same trigger.  Maybe an ambush set to spawn when one or more of the allies dies. 

Good luck out there.

UPS1xkf.png

I had a mission where I had the player rescue a number of people who were allies, only to have them rebel. If memory serves, they all then turned on each other as well as me and killed each other in moments. Not what i had wanted at all. 🙂

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc