Set Choices! (Fire,Ice,Water)

Mythcreatio

In terms of primary sets for pve on a corruptor, there is Fire Blast and then there is everything else. The difference in damage really is that significant. If you pair fire with kinetics the difference in damage becomes incredibly noticeable compared to ice, water, or any other primary. 

There is no water secondary, so I don't know what you mean there. If you are considering cold domination as a secondary, I would recommend water blast as a primary. Fire would be much higher damage, but cold also lacks a heal. On my water/cold corruptor I am able to keep myself healed by using dehydrate alone and that is incredibly useful paired with cold.

In terms of pvp it matters a bit what you are going for. Ice will have the most dmg through procs. You could try water, but that is really only if you are 1v1ing and need more sustain. Fire isn't all that good in pvp.

Thanks for the response! I ended up going with a Fire/Kin and also making a Kin/Sonic Defender to see how I feel with both of those after taking some time on the defender posts. I definitely meant cold also lol. Not sure how I ended up put Water as a secondary there!

Kinetics is a pretty solid power set. Fire/Kin in specific has a lot of raw damage numbers in the blast set to take advantage of your /Kin buffs, but until you reach level 35 it can suffer from endurance issues, and as a whole you have little in the way of damage mitigation. I would recommend teaming up with friends. 

Dark/Kin might be interesting...