Quick Chat Customisation

Quick Chat is a Popmenu that is supplied with the game. Most people will use it (if they use it) for changing their notoriety, it also lists all the various emotes so you don't have to remember them. You can also call it with "/popmenu quickchatquickchatbutton.png.d71f2c8d9369e3792a6e6364dcfa14d1.png

I primarily use them for the notoriety changes but one thing that has been annoying me is even though you can make them keyboard friendly the quickchat supplied with the game isn't. So I changed that - for Notoriety at least.

quickchat.mnu

With this when you open the notoriety menu from the above button you just need to hit "n", then the letter corresponding to what you want to change... the keys that are used as shortcuts are clearly indicated as such in the menu.

To install:

If you have any other popmenus installed the above file just needs to be placed in the same folder. Otherwise you need to make a folder tree:

• Game Root (Were Tequila.exe is.)
    • Create a new folder called "data".
      • In "data" create a new folder called "texts".
        • In "texts" create a new folder called "English".
          • In "English" create a new folder called "menus".
          • Place the above file into that folder.

eg: 

folders.png.8500e97ddd131165b08b34377ab52790.png

You need to reboot/relaunch the game.

You can further edit the file for instance if you want all the emotes to have this feature (I don't care so I didn't). If placed correctly (as above) this new popmenu will replace the in game one, to "uninstall" just delete the file and relaunch the game

If you want to launch the quickchat menu with a button you can do so like so: (this will work with the existing menu too)

/bind <key> "popmenu quickchat"

You'll get the menu popup at your mouse cursor.

• 1 month later

Neat idea! Makes me wonder what other “default” popmenus can be customized like this? Specifically I’ve always wanted to customize the one that pops up when you click on a player name in chat. 

On 12/9/2019 at 10:42 AM, ElPuerco said:

Neat idea! Makes me wonder what other “default” popmenus can be customized like this? Specifically I’ve always wanted to customize the one that pops up when you click on a player name in chat. 

I think some of the other menus while looking like popmenu menus use something else, possibly something baked in. When I first found out about popmenus back on live I combed through all the piggs looking for more but didn't find any. Probably popmenu is the newer system, used to circumvent the need to write code for each new menu. (But IDK for sure.)

This is exactly what I was looking for. I had no idea what that menu was called! Being able to set notoriety all via key-presses is so much easier for me personally.

You've got me wondering what other QoL improvements could be made to the quick-chat menu using your method.

And the installation details are much appreciated. I just began diving into this stuff so I'm still learning.

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later
On 12/18/2019 at 10:42 AM, alexanderk said:

This is exactly what I was looking for. I had no idea what that menu was called! Being able to set notoriety all via key-presses is so much easier for me personally.

You've got me wondering what other QoL improvements could be made to the quick-chat menu using your method.

And the installation details are much appreciated. I just began diving into this stuff so I'm still learning.

If you needed the ideas, I added the Warpzone code and sorted my costume changes out by character, with the preferred change animation for each individual costume.

On 12/31/2019 at 12:23 AM, 2fulhunden said:

Is there a secret to opening this file? I clicked it to download and when I selected it to open it, It doesn't exist or the program needed isn't on my computer...

Notepad.

Notepad++ if you prefer color coding for better readability; I set it to C++ mode.