/nature absorb cap on Pets

SmalltalkJava

I have made several posts about Nature's Bastion Absorb.  I have since discovered that there is an Absorb cap for players in that it maxes out at your base HP of 803.  So it will double your base hp if you go full out.  On the defender forums someone asked about if that applies to pets.  I logged back onto pineapple where i have a fully fleshed out Nature MM.  I have sad news. It does look like the Pets have the same cap limitation of their base HP.  Judging from the pet window and the window above their head.  In the picture take a gander at the pet window.  You will see that Genin and Jounin's health bar is half absorb half regular health.  This was Powerboosted Absorb + Resilient Radial Incarnate.  The floating text when i cast is 848 HP.  But I only get 803.2 and it looks like the pets only get their HP as cap.

T1 Pets Base HP:   574.95

T2 Pets Base HP:   768.83

T3 Pets Base HP:   963.81

So with Powerboosted Absorb and Resilient Radial it almost caps out the T3 pets, and does cap out the T1 and T2.   Too bad there is no massive bonus absorb. But double is better than nothing.

image.png.0884e3830924efaf5175065eff38205d.png

I apologize for the misinformation.

Edited by SmalltalkJava
  • Thanks 1

Agreed, double is still pretty significant. I suppose for a game which is balanced around diminishing returns on multiple levels this shouldn't be too shocking. At least the outgoing absorb isn't capped by the caster's base HP and then again by the recipients, so the upshot is beefy types like Tankers are going to get more relative benefit. And now we know it's not worth trying to push the absorb rate super high. 

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!