The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

New Forum Feature Idea: Reputation-Post Count Ratio Score

So, I understand forum Reputation isn't really necessarily a great metric for anything other than how willing people have been to click in the corner of someone's post, and doesn't reflect on the worth of a poster or their content . . . but damned if I don't still sometimes like to just check it out.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topmembers/

But there's a format which I can't seem to get it to sort by, and that's a ratio of total positive reputation averaged against total posts by a user.  Naturally, folks who only posted one or two messages which garnered 10 or more positive reputation points would be at the top of such a list, so I'd also like to see such a leaderboard have an optional "minimum post count" limit option added.  This way individual users can cater the leaderboard to their specific and personal ideal for when a poster has reached a sufficient content count to merit being eligible.

Does this forum software allow for such a change to be made?  Have feasible would that be?

• 2 weeks later
On 10/27/2019 at 4:59 AM, MetaVileTerror said:

So, I understand forum Reputation isn't really necessarily a great metric for anything other than how willing people have been to click in the corner of someone's post, and doesn't reflect on the worth of a poster or their content . . . but damned if I don't still sometimes like to just check it out.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topmembers/

But there's a format which I can't seem to get it to sort by, and that's a ratio of total positive reputation averaged against total posts by a user.  Naturally, folks who only posted one or two messages which garnered 10 or more positive reputation points would be at the top of such a list, so I'd also like to see such a leaderboard have an optional "minimum post count" limit option added.  This way individual users can cater the leaderboard to their specific and personal ideal for when a poster has reached a sufficient content count to merit being eligible.

Does this forum software allow for such a change to be made?  Have feasible would that be?

Sorry, nope it cannot do what you are asking without modification to the Top Members area (such as a plugin).

If you click on a Persons Profile, and then click on the 'Community Reputation' button, this will show all the Reactions given and received to and by that poster. From that page you will be able to see the content count made by the person. I know it is not exactly what you wanted, but it gives you an idea of post/reaction ratio for a member.