Sig Arc repeatation: What counts as a repeat?

Razor Cure

Every week (ish) I do the first SI Arc on alt my toons, for a quick 20 merits. Just about all of these toons have and do none of the others, apart from the 2nd, when I am around lvl 20ish.

Today was the replay day, on one scrapper, so I logged him on, did the 1st arc (in SSA1) and got my 20 merits.

Then a friend asked me to run the first arc, in SSA2 with her. SO i did.

That toon has NEVER done the ssa2, pt 1 before (99% sure, and even if I had..it was over 7 days since he was logged in).

SO we did the arc and..I get the 'you cannot do this more than once every 7 days' red text.

How does that work? Every other sig arc part, you can do once a week. I know from doing all 7 part of SSA1 on a few toons. Every part gave the full reward. And yet doing 1.1 then 2.1 somehow lock you out of a reward?

Has it always been like that and I just have not actually done it before?

7 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

Every week (ish) I do the first SI Arc on alt my toons, for a quick 20 merits. Just about all of these toons have and do none of the others, apart from the 2nd, when I am around lvl 20ish.

Today was the replay day, on one scrapper, so I logged him on, did the 1st arc (in SSA1) and got my 20 merits.

Then a friend asked me to run the first arc, in SSA2 with her. SO i did.

That toon has NEVER done the ssa2, pt 1 before (99% sure, and even if I had..it was over 7 days since he was logged in).

SO we did the arc and..I get the 'you cannot do this more than once every 7 days' red text.

How does that work? Every other sig arc part, you can do once a week. I know from doing all 7 part of SSA1 on a few toons. Every part gave the full reward. And yet doing 1.1 then 2.1 somehow lock you out of a reward?

Has it always been like that and I just have not actually done it before?

Could be a bug.  Or you could be mistaken about not having done that arc on that particular character.

How it is supposed to work, and how it definitely worked for me:
Each character gets a free run of every single arc that does not count against their timer.  This worked correctly for me, as I ran every single part of both arcs on the same character over the course of two days and got the 20 merits every single time.  Then I ran part 1.1 again and got the 20 merits.  Then I ran another just to see if the one week timer actually worked and it did - telling me I could not take the 20 merits again.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.