Ice/Titan Weapons?

Mantidae

I have a character concept that would fit this well so I was hoping to get some playstyle and building tips.  Ice Armor is a well-known set but I have little experience with tanking.  I found TW to be a torturous experience on Brute but it seems tailor-made for tanks. I figure an Ice Tank would more easily survive all of the attacks that occur during those long wind-ups and Chilling Embrace would keep mobs from ruining the attack chain by running away.  Also, Tanks don’t need to maintain Fury on top of Momentum.

My searches didn’t turn up anything specific about this combo for Tanks. I’d appreciate your input.

It should be a fine combo. Ice/ only has 1 *key* clickie (Energy Absorption), meaning you could keep smashing things almost non stop. Plus, TW has some KB/KD  which will not only help you mitigate some damage but also make good use of FF+recharge.

The other two clickies in the set are Hoarfrost (2+ minutes cooldown) and Hibernate which is only used as a panic button.

And, as you said, Chilling Embrace is good enough to keep aggro under most situations.

Warning: This post may contain an opinion.

I  have one around 47 and it's good. Set your tray so you routinely click Energy Absorption and you can keep swinging forever.
Easy to softcap defense, with Hoarfrost when a few attacks get through.
With Icicles you can choose to let the last few critters waste away without having to build momentum just to hit them once or twice.
Chilling embrace is one of the best taunt auras. 

Good combo.