Intel graphics

SolarCenturion

I have a computer with Intel graphics. The game keeps telling me I need to update the drivers. Intel assures me that I have the latest drivers (even though they are dated 2017). There used to be a workaround for this by installing 3rd party graphics drivers but they are nowhere to be found now. I can't believe I'm the only one to have this problem so any solutions?

Can you share the model of laptop and the video card model?  You would find the video card model by right clicking the Start menu>Device Manager>Expand Display Adapter.  For example, my work laptop has an Intel(R) HD Graphics 515 display adapter.  It doesn't run game very well because it's not a gaming graphics card.  

Edited by tafilr

14 hours ago, SolarCenturion said:

It's an HP. Because it's a laptop they say I have to go to Intel for video drivers and Intel says I'm up to date with my 2017 drivers.

Depending upon the hardware 2017 may well be the most current iteration of the drivers for your device. The game may be looking at Intel graphics generically and not specifically or just a date range thing. I had the same issue with and older AMD card setting up the game for a niece.

If the game is running I would just ignore the message and keep punching bad guys.

You can try running HP's software for updating called HP Image Assistant. It works a lot better than HP Support Assistant that comes bundled with most systems.
I use this to update laptops at work and it does the Intel Graphics drivers.

Just install it, click Analyze and it will auto detect the hardware you are using.
Then select all the drivers you want to install from the Recommendations Tab
After you have selected the desired drivers click Download and in the popup box that will appear choose the "Download Softpaq(s), extract files, and install" option and it will auto install the drivers for you. If the leave it at the first option it will only download them and you need to install everything manually

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HPIA.html

Hope this helps !!