Enhancement Conversion failed error and loss of tab in UI

Kartanian

Very interesting and disappointing error: "Enhancement Conversion failed." Here is what I reported in Help on Everlasting:

2019-11-08 21:47:12 [Help] Cassiopeia: Loaded the enhancement (LotG Defense 47) in the converter window, clicked convert, and got an error message "Enhancement Conversion failed" and no change to the enhancement.
2019-11-08 21:47:35 [Help] Monopole: <color #000000>Did it use up the converter?
2019-11-08 21:48:21 [Help] Cassiopeia: No. No expenditure of the converters or the starting enhancement, fortunately.

I was trying to convert one LotG into another in the same set. I tried again, and got the same behavior and pink error message. I had just previously converted a different LotG within the same set successfully. But then, on zoning from my base where I was doing the conversion to Pocket D, I lost the Convert tab from the Enhancements Tray UI. I quit the game and the launcher. Then I verified files and launched game again, Everlasting server, same character (Cassiopeia), and the Convert tab was still missing.

Quit the game and the launcher. Shut down the computer altogether. Rebooted, did a forced validation of files from the Tequila launcher, then started up. Same account, server, and character.  The Convert tab is still missing.

Logged out of the character and back on to another character on the same account. The Convert tab is still missing.

Logged out of the alternate character and the account. Logged in on a different account from the login screen, but same instance of the game. The Convert tab is present!

Because the UI problem is the same across characters on the same account, but not affecting characters on the same computer and the same game instance on a different account, I'm reasoning that there is something bugged in the account-level, client game saved config data. Any suggestions on how to get the Convert tab to come back to the UI on that initial account?

Curiously, it's not all characters on the account. I logged in on a third character on the account earlier this morning, after shutting down the game from the previous attempt and coming back the next day, and that character had the Convert tab as normal. I converted quite a few enhancements on that character with normal results.

I logged back into the original character, and I still have no Convert tab.

Does anyone know where character info like this might be stored so that I can attempt a fix?

1 hour ago, Kartanian said:

Curiously, it's not all characters on the account. I logged in on a third character on the account earlier this morning, after shutting down the game from the previous attempt and coming back the next day, and that character had the Convert tab as normal. I converted quite a few enhancements on that character with normal results.

I logged back into the original character, and I still have no Convert tab.

Does anyone know where character info like this might be stored so that I can attempt a fix?

I've had the failure issue but never lost the tab... you could try removing all the salvage items from the character relog and then pick them back up. I only had three salvage items when I had my fail and they vanished until I relogged. (I tried that as the last thing to do before coming here and asking). I wonder if the system for some reason cannot see them salvage items because it "thinks" that they have been used, hiding the unused ones as well. In my case once I relogged (actually shut game down, slept the night and relaunched the next day) The tab and salvage items were all present. (So when I say the tab wasn't missing it wasn't there but I couldn't see the salavage items in my inventory either, and the tab isn't there when they aren't...) 😕

If not I'm no further help to you. 😞

Thanks. Just tried that as fully as I could, given that I have other types of salvage: enhancement unslotter, Vanguard Merits, Reward Merits, incarnate shards, incarnate threads, and a tailor discount coupon. Got rid of all the salvage I could and transferred the unslotter and all recipes to the auction house storage. Logged out, shut down game and launcher and then restarted the game. No luck.

At least I'm able to document what I've been trying. 😉

• 2 months later

Follow-up: The problem did not recur, and I have not run into it again. Still not sure why that was affecting me, but I think expending all converters, emptying the salvage, and then picking up more converters from a base storage bin was what made it go away.

I am wondering after this time if it wasn't something I was doing and didn't realize it. But, I'm not sure what it would have been.

RE-AFFIRMING: If the character has no converters, then this behavior is normal. It's only when the character strangely still has converters showing in Salvage that it this is an issue. With luck, no one else encounters the problem and has to come here seeking advice!