incarnate pet for Arch/TA

kendo339

would appreciate suggestions on which incarnate pet to take for my arch/ta.  she is an elven warrior concept, so looking for something that
- fits thematically

- provides damage type other than s/l

- has reasonable ST damage to help with boss lvl and above

- help keeping mobs at range, so kb is not a total deal breaker

I know this limits my options to pets that aren't considered the top tier but I am ok with that as I frequently solo and it doesn't have to be at +4/8. 

currently looking at storm elements or polar lights.  phantoms or demons might be a possibility.

appreciate any feedback anyone can share of their experiences with any of these pets or suggestions on other pets that might fit with what I am looking for

You can find photos of all T4 lore pets in here: https://imgur.com/a/6YLqOLB

I'm not sure there is anthing resembling elves. Maybe go with Talos of Vengeance? Or Polar Lights.

As for the abilities and damage type, check this doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tmuk9Jf-NxhSE2P1RB6wRtn-qUDvwqpV_10B9QAAinE/edit#gid=0

Warning: This post may contain an opinion.

thanks Falsey,

I used the second link you listed before submitting this post.  that's how I came up with the 4 options I listed as being the ones I was leaning towards using.  nothing looks like an elf but those 4 were more in context than things like large robots or carnies.  I looked at Talons of Vengeance but other than ice arrow on the lieutenant, if you go core, I think the rest of their attacks would be more s/l and trying to mix in other damage types as I have mostly s/l in my attacks

what I am hoping to get is some feedback from people that have used those pets, as I know they aren't usually listed in most builds as pet of choice.  most builds posted go for the top tier, usually banished, tsoo, carnies or cimerorans. 

• Like 1

I've got storm elementals on my grav/storm troller and polar lights on my rad/rad scrapper, both largely for thematic reasons. Not as strong as banished, but both are fine. Elementals are 100% energy damage. They're big and tend to hover at head height, so can obstruct your view if they get in front of you. Not sure if polar lights are energy or energy/smashing. They have a bit more AoE.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

thank you Uun

without additional sources of energy drain, does the secondary effect on the elementals have any real impact?  I like the idea of having hurricane from the support pet when solo but the -def from the polar lights may be of more use overall, especially in a team situation when hurricane could be a problem

7 hours ago, kendo339 said:

thank you Uun

without additional sources of energy drain, does the secondary effect on the elementals have any real impact?  I like the idea of having hurricane from the support pet when solo but the -def from the polar lights may be of more use overall, especially in a team situation when hurricane could be a problem

I don't think the elemental drain enough endurance for it to have a noticeable impact. Can't speak to the pet with hurricane as I didn't take it (already have it as a /storm controller).  If you get the polar lights support pet, it heals and runs assault.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I would advise against storm elementals unless you have a group immobilize that negates knock back. One of the storm ele's runs hurricane and loves getting into the thick of whatever you're fighting. It makes a mess, scattering everything and getting you additional aggro at times. It also doesn't have enough 'oomph' to end drain anything, and the O2 that the smaller pet casts, won't save you in a pinch.