Mouse won't drag anything

BlaqOpal2

When I click and hold on something to drag it it's only being registered as a click.  I can't drag powers, inspirations, enhancements, etc.  This started after the latest windows update.  I've looked in options in-game and in my control panel and have no idea what to do!

Back up existing keybinds (if you want to make sure you don't lose any custom binds): Type /bind_save_file <filename>

This will create a text file with all your existing binds in the place you installed CoH.

Then go into the options menu and click the red:load_defaults_01.png.eae76be2d61b5b1b4814472a9782108a.png

That might help.

I had this issue under WINE on linux. A WINE update broke things, then a later one fixed them.

Maybe check for a newer update?

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 11/19/2019 at 7:15 PM, DoctorDitko said:

I had this issue under WINE on linux. A WINE update broke things, then a later one fixed them.

Maybe check for a newer update?

There is an option to change what the mouse drag does, left drag and right drag. Couldn't find out how to actually bind them directly, so resetting them with the "load internal defaults" button was probably the best bet. Unless he's running a non Windows client (which he doesn't say) updating the client won't make any difference because the client will still load your normal binds.

Yes, I tried all that, even reinstalled and tried a different account. In my case, it was definitely a patch that broke directinput.

Edited by DoctorDitko

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)