Ry's Requests: Part 2

Ry

Hey guys, if you haven't checked out my previous post here's the last one 

Its a simple idea with some personal requests of mine, some more doable than others but it never hurts to ask. I know the worst that can come of it is a "No" and I understand that perfectly fine. I'd like to take this time to thank all the developers and the community for keeping the game alive, and with that out the way. Lets have some more suggestions!

1. This one is probably impossible, the code is a mess but I just -have- to put this on the table. Saving bases. I don't think its doable in this spaghetti code but it would be very VERY helpful if we could save a SG base to load for future use, say some changes were made and you want to keep the old version so you can load that back instead of re-arranging everything. Its a huge longshot, I think its more than likely a no-no but I thought I'd bring it up.

2. Some updated NPCs, yeah I know its a pretty minor one. Very much a me thing and probably not a community thing, but I'd love to see some of the characters get an updated version of their old costume what with the new textures and pieces we have. Not a big deal, but would add some flavour and maybe show some progression in the timeline as Manticore could have an updated costume (as an example). Again its not a major concern, just a slight bit of spice. Would love to see upgraded Hellions! *waves fist at the Skulls and Family*.

3.  New Zones or smaller instances. Since we have such a massive community of base editors why not use that to create small zones or mission maps for arcs? Not super sure how possible this would be, especially a new zone due to how ambitious that would be, so maybe smaller things would be better like a few more Easter Eggs around the world or some extra AE maps, hell, that alone would be totally awesome!

4. More Temporary power options. These things can be a little bothersome to get but it is very satisfying to use them in certain situations, and having more available would be sweet, whether thats by the P2W vendors or via the Black Market it would be a nice little bonus to see. I believe we've already had changes to the P2W since live but honestly its been so long I cant remember for sure, this is probably one of the easier choices for the developers, but I'm not a code expert, so I'm merely taking a guess.

5. Challenges that offer Influence/Infamy rewards. Lets face it, farming is very much a thing, whether its for levels or money. And no matter what we do we're still going to have it in some form, but my suggestion is to make challenges in the game that offer influence rewards. Maybe if you do a Master of <Insert TF here> you get a few million extra? Or something like that, lemme know what you guys think on that one I'm curious.

Thats all I have for now, I'm sorry this second one took so long I've been busy IRL and in other games, but I'll have more of these lined up if you guys want to hear them. I'm just a bit more comfortable posting them in chunks rather than spam the forums with each and every thing.

Edited by Ry

Some years ago, at one of the 'meet and greet' events held at the San Diego Comic-Con (when NCsoft was pushing Aion and Tabula Rasa, and CoH got to come along for the ride), I asked Positron about the feasibility of an editor that would allow players to make maps using the existing resources. I'm sure that most people notice that the 'indoor' maps are just a set of standard blocks joined together, and it seemed to me that if the players were able to make new maps with them, it could immensely increase the variability of the office, lab, and cave maps. Unfortunately, from his answer, the map development was as roughly done as most of the other support software that they worked with, and while linking the map blocks themselves was simple, it took a fair amount of fiddling to make them line up properly. If you've ever been in an office map (this happened more with the new color maps that appeared in CoV) and found a black wall in the hallway, that's the result of a tiny misalignment between adjacent map blocks. So, until the devs made the time to upgrade their tools to make map building easier, it wouldn't be feasible to make them accessible to the players. And it appears that they never made the time before shutdown.

• Thanks 1