Rad/Fire Brute : Non-AE Build Advice Sought

AWOL

Hi,

So I am rather happy with my Rad/Fire Brute and must confess I like him more than I like farming.  I was thinking of doing a second build for trials/TFs with suitable defence caps.  Anyone got any builds they would suggest looking at?

How well can Rad/Fire work outside AE?  At the moment he sucks Endurance like a dog in the dessert but he's only got the bottom tier of Ageless.

Thanks,

AWOL

IMNSHO, building out a Resist-based armor set for significant Defense simply compromises the build.

You never get the benefit from Defense you think you will.
And when an enemy bypasses your Defense (with a successful hit), the damage is falling on sub-par Resists.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Thank you Hyperstrike.  So if I wanted to look at building based on defense which powersets would you recommend for Brute and Tank?  Are there acknowledged top tier recommendations for both for Trial/TF tanking?

I don't want to learn by building a series of tanky alts that don't work once I reach endgame so I'm looking for an idea as to where to start from.  For example I have a low level Shield/Fire tank but I don't want to reach 50 and have learned I made poor choices at the beginning.